As our readers may know, we LOVE to answer tag questions. Who doesn’t? Everyone loves to be interviewed, to answer soul-searching inquiries a la those wonderfully addictive BuzzFeed quizzes. The simply lovely Simply Daiana tagged us to do the Beauty Blogger Award, and we are immensely pleased and very thankful – it has been a few months now but we still get insanely giddy with every little bit of recognition from the fellow bloggers we admire so much.
- Tag the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
So, without further ado, a huge thanks to Simply Daiana! We adore you and your blog!
And now, the questions:
1. What is your favorite beauty product?
Sam ~ When I was younger I would definitely have said my felt-tip eyeliner, but somewhere around the ages of 16-17 I realized I didn’t need to look like a gothic raccoon every day (eyeliner application is not one of my strengths). Nowadays its probably my makeup sponge. Or chapstick. Does chapstick count?
Kelly – Of course we like to think we’re savvy consumers insusceptible to clunky advertising, but the many not-so-subtle Youtube sponsorships that have cropped up lately actually managed to hook me on Kiehl’s Dark Spot Corrector. If you have fair and sensitive skin like mine with a tendency to get blemishes, you will know the pain of hyper-pigmentation (or, ghost pimples). This product requires dedication to see results, but it works on speeding up the lightening process of those cursed red marks.
2. What is your go to clothing item?
Sam ~ Jeans. Hoodie. Converse. I’m so boring.
Kelly – Striped shirts! I don’t know what it is about a striped shirt, but I have half a dozen and feel my best in them.
3. What movie have you watched at least 5 times?
Sam ~ I went through a period in grade 7 where my friend and I alternated between watching Mean Girls and Napoleon Dynamite every weekend.
Kelly – The year I got the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban DVD for Christmas I watched it about twice a day for the rest of break and to this day it gets replayed a few times a year. Inexplicably, the only other contender could be Monster in Law… I honestly could not tell you why this obscure, terrible Jennifer Lopez rom-com so captivated me, but I have vague memories of watching it every few days when I was quite young. How did we even come to possess this DVD? Who made the decision to purchase it?
4. Who can you always count on when you need a little help?
Sam ~ my parents, my cat, and, of course, my best friends (looking at you, Kellz).
Kelly – My good pal and closest confidante, Tom Brady.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Sam ~ Cookies and “What I Got For Christmas” videos on YouTube.
Kelly – Just general hedonism. I like to overdo it, and then wish I hadn’t.
6. Biggest Pet Peeve?
Sam ~ When the internet connection doesn’t work I turn into a raging angry sasquatch. BIGGEST pet peeve ever.
Kelly – Downers and mopes. Loud chewers.
7. What do you hope to accomplish in 2016?
Sam ~ I want to explore. I want to go new places, have adventures, and meet new people. I want to push myself to expand my boundaries, leave my comfort zone, and live.
Also eat less sugar – I’m trying to cut out sugar from my morning coffee and I’m slowly (and very reluctantly) getting used to the taste.
Kelly – I want to approach the world from a place of pure love and openness, and for some reason that includes not shrinking away from such a cheesy statement, though all my instincts are screaming at me to.
8. If you had the ability to turn back time, would you?
Sam ~ Oooh, difficult question. The amount of times I embarrass myself in a given day is unreasonably high, so it would be REALLY nice to have a rewind button sometimes. But I can’t really think of any significant decisions in my life that I would want to change. Yeah I’ve made a lot of mistakes along the way, but (and I know this is cheesy and cliché) I honestly learned from them, and in the end everything always turns out okay.
Kelly – The thing is, right now, wow, yes, there is something I really wish I could turn back time and redo. But sitting here thinking about it, I know in a month or a week or maybe by the time I finish writing this sentence, I will be over it. Everything is temporary. What would turning back time really do? Things are the way they are. Things will be the way they will be.
9. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Sam ~ Travel. Be spontaneous. Give my parents the means to fully enjoy their lives without worrying about money. Buy a trampoline.
Kelly – I would visit all of the friends I miss all over the world. I would probably drop out of school, for now. I would spend months at sea and months in the mountains and I would send my parents to Tokyo. I would use my money to give me a voice in politics, because if you can’t beat them and you’ve just won the lottery, join them (#USA!)
10. A shooting star goes by, what do you wish for?
Sam ~ Happiness and adventure.
Kelly – Fulfillment.
Now, here are our questions!
- What are your feelings about makeup? Fun? Functional? Fuggedaboutit?
- If you wear makeup regularly, when did you start? If you don’t, did you ever? Why did you stop/never start?
- You have a big, exciting day ahead. What do you wear?
- What are your thoughts on dress codes?
- Do you normally have long or short hair?
- If you could spend three weeks anywhere around the world, where would you go?
- Now we are about a month in, what is your number one goal for the rest of 2016?
- If you could gain a new skill instantly, what would it be?
- Describe the last time you laughed so hard you cried.
- What is your number one most listened to song on iTunes/whichever music app you use?
- Life in limbo
- The Historian
- Crazy Spoonfuls
- Happy Alex
- Jess Guarnieri
Have fun, guys! And keep on doing what you’re doing, we love all of your stuff so much!