Last Sunday, lovely Chioma over at lifehomeandaway nominated us for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, and oh man, did this give us the warm and fuzzies. Thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking of us.
What is the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award? It is essentially a question tag that blogging women can send around to other blogging women they admire. It’s our chance to ask our most burning questions to our favorite blogs! Like, okay, we’ll bite.
First we answer the nominator and link to her blog, and then we have to answer the (somewhat challenging) questions Chioma set for us. Then, finally, it’s our turn to ask a few questions and send the tag along to our nominees.
Here are Chioma’s questions!
1. Define sisterhood:
Sisterhood does not end with blood, of course. It means not putting other women down. It means viewing women as whole people, not your competition. It means loving and encouraging and complimenting and supporting and telling your roommate she is worth so much more than that lame dude’s attention.
2. What are your thoughts on giving false compliments? (Compliments that are not really true but are still given)
I honestly think it would be impossible to meet somebody for whom I couldn’t think of one compliment, and if I met such a person, it would probably be because I was blinded by such a strong distaste that I wouldn’t be trying to compliment them anyway… This practice baffles me.
3. Are women more competitive amongst themselves than men?
The scarcity of important places in the world for women forces ambitious women to be more competitive, definitely.
4. Explain the thoughts behind the above answer
Strides toward equality have been made, but there are still only so many seats at the table for women. And usually there is just one.
5. When a guy cheats, is the other participant devoid of blame?
I don’t agree with the other participant’s decision… but I also think they are kind of irrelevant to the situation and the relationship that is at stake. The guy is responsible for the relationship, 100%.
6. Do you prefer working with a woman or man, and why?
Well, can we take a cop-out and say we prefer good mixes for working? I think there should always be equal representation.
7. Please rephrase the sentence “Women need men…”
Women need men like fish need bicycles.
8. Is your blog content tailored for a particular gender?
No! We are all about adventure and growth and discovery here, and have been so pleased to see both men and women reading our blog. It is weird to me to think that because women are writing, male readers would never be interested. That’s close-minded (but very real).
9. Complete the sentence, if women ruled the world…
Cat-calling would be subject to an immediate $500 fine. And bras would be cheaper.
10. What does beauty mean to you?
Looking beautiful can shield you from some of the harshness of the world while being beautiful (that inside-out stuff) can make the world a little better.
So, now we are to nominate other bloggers to answer our questions. That’s right, we have the power.
And here are our questions!
1. Do you remember your first favorite song?
2. What is your next big adventure?
3. Why do you blog?
4. How do you cope with missing people?
5. What was the last concert you went to?
6. Do you have a favorite female musician?
7. Favorite female comedian?
8. What makes a perfect morning?
9. Are you excited about the holidays?
10. What activities stimulate your creativity the most?